Mitchell Associates’ key personnel are highlighted below. Our uniquely qualified team also includes technical staff and consultants, working together to provide comprehensive services to meet your project needs and provide prompt delivery of service.
Robert Mitchell, AIA, NCARB
As founder and principal of the firm, Bob is a professional architect licensed in eight states and is nationally certified through the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB). Bob has a hands-on approach and brings attention to detail and a focus on owner needs to our projects. Bob has 42 years of professional design and construction experience, with over 22 years devoted solely to the planning, design, renovation, and construction of emergency services facilities. He has designed and managed over 160 projects throughout the northeast, eastern seaboard, and as far away as Alaska and Texas.
- Completed programming for more than 90 fire stations and emergency services facilities
- Conducted more than 50 feasibility studies evaluating fire station renovations and additions
- Author of the chapter on Renovation and Additions for the Fire Station Design & Construction Handbook published by the International Association of Fire Chiefs
- With his firms, recipient of numerous national awards for fire station design
- Expert in solar design and energy efficiency, recipient of passive solar design awards, and has served as a technical review consultant to the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority
Peter Signorelli, AIA, LEED AP
Director of Architecture
Pete has been a licensed professional architect for 26 years and has over 37 years’ experience in the field in a variety of roles. As Director of Architecture, Pete is responsible for general administration, quality control, and technical coordination of MA’s design services. Pete works with clients and municipalities to make sure that design solutions are practical, cost-effective, and meet client needs and environmental standards.
- Member of American Institute of Architects and US Green Building Council
- Over 35 fire station projects with Mitchell Associates including evaluation of existing conditions, code reviews, programming and feasibility studies, design, bidding, and oversight of design and production
- Coordinates with consultants during construction in order to control quality and maintain timelines
- Prior projects with other firms include New York State Police Headquarters and maintenance & ambulance facilities
Ken Gale, Associate AIA
Director of Construction Administration
Ken brings diversified management experience to Mitchell Associates. He is responsible for oversight of project specifications and construction phase services, including site visit observations, documentation of progress, and approvals. As the liaison between the firm, the client, and the contractors during construction, Ken works to ensure that projects are constructed as designed, on time and within budget.
- Team member on 29 fire station projects at Mitchell Associates
- Over 19 years’ experience in planning, design, and contract documentation with previous and current work encompassing 25 States.
- Eleven years’ experience in facility design and project lead for more than 30 buildings including Verizon Data Centers and energy retrofits of a 542,000 sq. ft. General Services Administration facility.
- Associate Member of the American Institute of Architects with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Technology from New York Institute of Technology
Fire Protection Specialist
As our Fire Protection Specialist, Rich brings a wealth of first-hand experience to the planning and design process. He has over 46 years of experience in the fire service as a volunteer firefighter, career fire chief, state fire official, fire investigator, line and chief officer. Some of his many roles include faculty member of the New York State Academy of Fire Science in Montour Falls, NY; Chief of the Arson Bureau at the NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services, New York State Office of Fire Prevention & Control (OFPC), NYS OFPC Hazardous Materials Bureau Chief, and Assistant Fire Chief, City of Farmington, New Mexico. He is also a volunteer firefighter in Latham, NY.